Wednesday, March 27, 2013

retreating & resting . . .


aila spent the first part of this week fighting a fever. swinging between sleepy listlessness and bouts of hysterical delirium. at one point, around midnight, the inconsolable screaming made way for a saccharine sweet voice saying 'excuse me mummy, can you please sew me some pajamas?' ~ like something out of the exorcist. if it wasn't so scary, it would have been comical. 

outside, stormy weather raged. high winds, torrential rain, thunder and lightening. perfect weather for staying in bed. plans were cancelled and the to do list put on hold. she slept the daylight hours away and i crawled into bed beside her whenever i could. some sick leave and downtime was just what we both needed.

just as suddenly as it came, the fever disappeared. she bounced out of bed, making up for lost time with energy to burn. i returned to my day with a bit more of a spring in my step too. both of us feeling recharged after our slice of time away from it all. comforted by the fact that life can be put on hold when the need arises.

9 comments:

  1. It sure can. I'm glad she is better. It is so scary when they get sick like that. Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. life. with all its ups and downs is as bitter as it is sweet. love that you all were recharged...sounded much needed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds horrible, fevers can be so frightening. I'm glad she is on the mend..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad she is feeling better now, it is horrible having sick kids. Both Jade and I have had 2 lots of gastro in the past 2 months. I blame day care and think it is time for me to retire from work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the thing about kids, when they go down they go down hard but they do come up fast too. So glad the week is looking better for you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear she's feeling better. I can only imagine how worried and scared you must have been.

    PS: I'm currently hosting a new Fitskin giveaway, open to Australian residents only and I hope you will enter! http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/03/fitskin-naturally-review-and-giveaway.htm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fevers and hallucinations can be so scary. I am glad she bounced back so quickly xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all is well in your house now. We have had some funny fever behaviour in our house. Crazed laughing fits before my little one throws up. Very strange. Hope your Easter is a relaxing one xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are all over it now. I remember the first time my daughter was properly delirious with a fever, it was scary and very surreal...she was talking utter nonsense. But it's great how quickly kids bounce back from illness though, isn't it? xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by.