Thursday, September 1, 2011

on the first day of spring...





we visited the butcher, the baker and the chocolate maker. we prepared gifts and cards for dads. my girl recorded her first hit song {in her pajamas no less}. we bought beetroot seeds at the environment centre. the fish man was selling herring and flathead he caught today. the birds were singing. we washed dolls clothes and hung them out to dry. we had lunch with the daddy-o up at the shack. we got ready for mamabaking tomorrow. we had raw milk delivered in glass bottles. my new kitchen and laundry were very nearly finished. we wore thongs and short sleeves and were perfectly warm enough. there was a happy sunshiney buzz about town.

: :


14 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've had a great first day of Spring day.
    You have such a pretty backyard, that chook looks like one lucky creature too with all that space. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful start to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds and looks just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have a singer in the making there Rach...she is just such a cutie!!

    Would you believe it's thunderstorming here now? Pelting down, grey and cold.

    I remember the days of getting milk delivered in bottles...how times have changed.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. enjoy the sunshine, enjoy the smiles, enjoy spring lovely Rachel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed reading about your first day of spring the photos are great. Thanks for the tips on my bathroom reno Pinterist had awesome photos love it.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderfully productive first day of Spring. Hope the season brings you much happiness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds amazing, and exhausting, but hello sunshine. hope the weekend is filled with spring goodness for you. x ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like just the way to kick off spring

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like such a beautiful day!
    I stumbled across your blog from another blog I follow - I absolutely love it. I am now your latest follower :D The images you post are so lovely. I'm looking forward to passing by soon. Would love to have you follow my blog too if you like! Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I suspect we get our milk from the same friends :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by.