Sunday, June 28, 2009

party like it's 1929


Image from
here

I think the universe is trying to tell me something.

Something along the lines of . . .
"Rachel, step away from the computer."

My laptop is my love. I spend more time interacting with it than my dear husband.

Communication. Inspiration. Motivation. Education. Documentation. It's my everything.

It's funny really. In every other aspect of my life I'm old school. Nanna style. I shun technology. Favour the stove over a microwave. Abhor television. Carry a mobile under duress. Wash dishes at the sink.

Stick me in the 1950s and I'd thrive. Hell, I'd probably flourish in the thirties. (All due respect to anyone who lived through that era!)

Fortunately major hard drive melt down has coincided with a trip to visit my parents. So instead of enjoying the fresh country air and my family, I've locked myself away with their laptop. Thankfully, this means the cold sweats and tremors have abated.

. . . and tomorrow, on return to the big smoke, we'll be promptly paying a visit to our friendly computer technician!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thanks for stopping by.